Wednesday 24 February 2016

KAWS Exhibition

Today I visited the Yorkshire Sculpture Park so could see the new KAWS exhibition. I was previously unaware of KAWS' work but this exhibition has inspired me to look further into what he has created in the past.

I found out about his previous work as a graffiti artist and how he transferred his skills between graffiti and his currant work. He was able to develop his ideas into the sculptures and prints they are today by working on his interests. The way KAWS focuses on what he likes doing as a career is something I should try focus on. To do this I must discover my interests whilst on the course and enhance my skills in these areas to progress in my design career.






At the KAWS exhibition there was a number of sculptures and screen prints, all boasting bright colours and KAWS' recognisable skull and cross bones heads and crosses for eyes.



All works of art bare resemblance to popular cartoon characters and company mascots such as Mickey Mouse, Elmo and the Michelin Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment