Sunday 28 February 2016

Doomed Regular

Yesterday I attended the launch of Doomed Regular, a clothing brand from sheffield. Not only did they display and sell their clothes but also exhibited the work of a number of local creatives such as graphic designers, tattooists, illustrators and photographers. The event also played host to live music from up and coming hip hop artists The North Haze.

At this event I was able to meet the clothing brands owner as well as a number of artists who I already know at this event. From this opportunity I was able to talk about having my own space within future exhibitions to display my work. This would be good as publicity for myself as a designer. This event has shown me the importance of attending this sort of thing where I can meet other creatives and discuss my work. Because of this I hope to get involved or visit similar events to this which could better develop myself as a designer.

I also picked up a number of zines from the exhibition. One was the look book for the event which had an interesting glitch based layout. This was created by Isla Miller a designer i used to work with at college. Another zine I picked up of hers was the look book which was created in the same style.














The third book I picked up was the silver edition of Fifty shades of Spray. This is a collection of zines documenting graffiti of certain colours around the uk. The interesting layouts and use of typefaces and layout works well. This is a style of editorial that I would like to look at creating in the future and in a context similar to this.








No comments:

Post a Comment