Sunday 28 February 2016

Aaron Draplin Takes On a Logo Design Challenge

in Penny Lee's last session she showed us a video where Aaron Draplin, the designer who create Field Notes, shows the viewer how to make a logo. Here he explains his design process. I took a number of things from this video as Draplin has a similar style of working to me, using sketches and notes first extensively for ideas before transferring to illustrator to finalise his designs.



This video has shown me how my working methods can be successful within professional design. I feel it is important that I am comfortable with the way I work and I am able to consistently complete briefs to a high level because of this. I will continue to work thins way and try develop my own methods to hopefully help me develop on the course.

Draplin also talks about his use of inspiration from various places. He shows a number of books that have inspired him. One of which, Trade Marks & Symbols looked interesting and inspiring. This made me want to buy it but after finding the expense of the book online, found a digital copy on their website.





















http://trademarksandsymbols.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment