Sunday 7 May 2017

OUGD502 - Creative Report - Finding a professsional

At first I was unsure who I would interview for this brief. My practice is broad and I am unsure what type of professional work I would be involved in later in my career. I first asked my aunty who has worked within the fashion industry as a designer and a lecturer whether she knew anyone appropriate for me to interview. Through her I was able to contact an illustrator and Creative Director. Although I exchanged dialogue through email with these professionals, I felt I could find someone more suited to my practice.After researching a number of other graphic designers and studios I decided to look at Josiah Craven.

Josiah is an ex student from Leeds College of Art and works as an independent Graphic Designer in Leeds. His practice varies and is often very conceptual. I first came about Josiah during my first year at uni whilst learning about Nest, the uni's magazine. From this he has developed his practice into a professional career. I decided to message him on Instagram as we have followed each other for a while, making it easier to make conversation.


After talking to Josiah for a while I asked him if we could meet as this enabled me to find out more about him as a creative and his practice. This also meant I could photograph him for my book. This was also a way I find I can get more comfortable with talking to people as I often interact with models with small talk whilst photographing.

No comments:

Post a Comment