Tuesday 15 March 2016

Felipe Pantone

Felipe Pantone’s work is noted as being "at the cutting edge of street art. Straddling conventional graffiti, typography and abstraction, his work fuses bold elements of graphic design with highly evolved geometric shapes to create an ultra-modern aesthetic which complements and reacts with the stark modernity of our cityscapes."

Because of his past as a graffiti artist, typography often has a role within his work. Despite being expressive, his type is legible and unique. I want to take influence from pantone as I would like to use similar type within my work in the future. Being able to create similar typography will help me progress as a designer as would be able to create more hand drawn graphic work. This could add to my unique qualities as a designer, helping me in the future for job and client prospects.

Something else I like about Pantones work is how he portrays his work across various media such as digital images, paintings, video and sculpture. This is something I enjoyed within the secret 7 brief and hope to do in the future. I also like his use of unusual shapes and bright colours. I have often held back when using bright and contrasting colours as don't feel like I'm using them successfully however Pantone does this well so feel I could learn from his work and how he talks about it to influence my own practice.




















No comments:

Post a Comment