Monday 5 March 2018

OUGD602 - Personal Branding - Website

One of the first tasks set by Alec within this module was to create a website as this is the best way for people to view my work and get a better understanding of who I am as a designer.

I decided that I should include both my design and photography skills. I wanted the site layout to be simple so it is easily adjustable when my personal branding is updated later in the year. Despite this, 

I first looked at a number of designer's websites as research and inspiration for my own project. some of the best examples are seen below:







When it came to creating my website I found some programs which could help me do so. This included Wix, Squarespace, Adobe Portfolio and Weebly. After trying all the available programs I felt I wanted more customisation; because of this, I opted for Adobe Muse. Muse is a program part of the creative cloud which gives me the opportunity to design and build my website myself without having to use code. Although complex, learning this program enables me to offer website creation within my skill set.

After some quick wire frame sketches I was able to produce a simple site which clearly shows all my existing pieces of work clearly. It is also navigable making it simple for anyone to use.

www.gravelvss.com

No comments:

Post a Comment