Monday 2 January 2017

OUGD502 - Old Red Bus station

35mm photography plays a bit part out of my life outside uni and I usually bring a camera wherever I go. I currently have two Instagram's; one of which focuses on this photography aspect of my work. Through this media platform I have developed contacts that are both design and photography based which I may be able to use later in my own work.






















Recently I have also been in contact with the Old Red Bus station, a bar in the centre of leeds that often displays the work of local creatives about having my own exhibition in the venue. This exhibition will run throughout February and will display a large number of my own photos. I have also been given an opening night, enabling me to invite many of my online contacts so I can meet them in person which will hopefully in turn, help develop my work. Some of the images I have decided to display can be seen below.


























Organising the event, laying out my work and promoting the exhibition were all rolls I undertook whilst also producing work for uni. I created a poster that would be shared across various social media. Because of this, I made sure the poster was eye catching and would attract an appropriate audience. This can be seen below as well as the different places it was shared.



`




After my own solo exhibition I will also have my work within a second exhibition at the Old Red Bus Station in collaboration with some of my previous course mates from the Extended Diploma at Leeds College of Art. I have the opportunity to collaborate with another creative, Toby Noon where we created a number of double exposure images using 35mm film. My images were taken on our recent Uni trip to Berlin. I then put these images together to create our final piece.



These two opening nights were important in developing my practice. I was able to converse with other creatives which then helps to extend my audience. This also led to an increase of people following my social media and then people getting in touch about my work.












No comments:

Post a Comment